University of Johannesburg: Lecturer
Deadline: August 11, 2013
The incumbent will be expected to
• Publish original research in peer-reviewed books and journals;
• Teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including thesis supervision;
• Undertake usual administrative duties in the Department and eventually the broader University.
• PhD in Philosophy prior to application or near completion
• Teaching experience (e.g. marking, tutoring, lecturing)
• Excellent ability to speak and write in English
• Conscientiousness about administrative tasks
• Ability to instruct courses on metaphysics/mind/language/epistemology.
• Ability to teach African philosophy; experience lecturing to large groups and overseeing tutors.